One buried alive in landslide in Solan district
Shimla: At least one person was buried alive while two others sustained injuries Wednesday in a massive landslide caused by incessant heavy rains at Barog in Solan district.
Dalip, a canteen worker at a resort, was trapped inside the building and buried under the debris while the other two escaped with minor injuries.
He was taken out from the debris with the help of administration and police officials and rushed to the zonal hospital at Solan, where doctors declared him "brought dead".
Another building, which earlier housed the office of SADA (Special Area Development Authority) was also damaged.
Property worth Rs 80 lakh was destroyed during the past 24 hours due to heavy rains and five dwellings, three in Nalagarh and two in Kandaghat also collapsed.
Reports of damage due to rains have also reached from Solan, Parwanoo, Baddi, Nalagarh and Arki and link roads had been blocked due to landslides and caving in of retaining walls at numerous place.
Additional District Magistrate (Solan) Pradip Thakur said total losses in the district have crossed the figure of Rs 21 crore with PWD becoming the major loser with a figure of Rs 15 crore.
The losses were being reported to higher authorities on regular basis, he said, adding that relief measures are being undertaken swiftly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof