One buried alive in landslide in Solan district
Shimla: At least one person was buried alive while two others sustained injuries Wednesday in a massive landslide caused by incessant heavy rains at Barog in Solan district.
Dalip, a canteen worker at a resort, was trapped inside the building and buried under the debris while the other two escaped with minor injuries.
He was taken out from the debris with the help of administration and police officials and rushed to the zonal hospital at Solan, where doctors declared him "brought dead".
Another building, which earlier housed the office of SADA (Special Area Development Authority) was also damaged.
Property worth Rs 80 lakh was destroyed during the past 24 hours due to heavy rains and five dwellings, three in Nalagarh and two in Kandaghat also collapsed.
Reports of damage due to rains have also reached from Solan, Parwanoo, Baddi, Nalagarh and Arki and link roads had been blocked due to landslides and caving in of retaining walls at numerous place.
Additional District Magistrate (Solan) Pradip Thakur said total losses in the district have crossed the figure of Rs 21 crore with PWD becoming the major loser with a figure of Rs 15 crore.
The losses were being reported to higher authorities on regular basis, he said, adding that relief measures are being undertaken swiftly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter