One buried alive in landslide in Solan district
Shimla: At least one person was buried alive while two others sustained injuries Wednesday in a massive landslide caused by incessant heavy rains at Barog in Solan district.
Dalip, a canteen worker at a resort, was trapped inside the building and buried under the debris while the other two escaped with minor injuries.
He was taken out from the debris with the help of administration and police officials and rushed to the zonal hospital at Solan, where doctors declared him "brought dead".
Another building, which earlier housed the office of SADA (Special Area Development Authority) was also damaged.
Property worth Rs 80 lakh was destroyed during the past 24 hours due to heavy rains and five dwellings, three in Nalagarh and two in Kandaghat also collapsed.
Reports of damage due to rains have also reached from Solan, Parwanoo, Baddi, Nalagarh and Arki and link roads had been blocked due to landslides and caving in of retaining walls at numerous place.
Additional District Magistrate (Solan) Pradip Thakur said total losses in the district have crossed the figure of Rs 21 crore with PWD becoming the major loser with a figure of Rs 15 crore.
The losses were being reported to higher authorities on regular basis, he said, adding that relief measures are being undertaken swiftly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre