Oppn Cong walkout on 1st day of HP Assembly monsoon session
Shimla: The four-day monsoon session of Himachal Pradesh Assembly started on a stormy note on Monday with opposition Congress staging a walkout to press the demand for a CBI probe into the "chargesheet" submitted by the party against the government.
Immediately after the obituary references, the Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes demanded an inquiry into the "chargesheet" submitted to the President by the state Congress against the BJP government.
The Speaker Tulsi Ram did not allow the issue to be raised and said no notice has been given and proceeded with the business listed for the day.
Soon, Congress members started raising slogans and continued slogan shouting for sometime.
The members of treasury benches also raised counter slogans and Congress members staged a walkout.
Later , Ravinder Singh Ravi, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, flayed the walkout and said "Congress is a divided house, passing through an adverse phase with no issue of public interest and is forcing non-issues".
He said BJP was ready to discuss any issue and asked Congress leaders to give a proper notice for discussing the issue and added the "chargesheet" submitted by Congress had no substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!