Oppn Cong walkout on 1st day of HP Assembly monsoon session
Shimla: The four-day monsoon session of Himachal Pradesh Assembly started on a stormy note on Monday with opposition Congress staging a walkout to press the demand for a CBI probe into the "chargesheet" submitted by the party against the government.
Immediately after the obituary references, the Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes demanded an inquiry into the "chargesheet" submitted to the President by the state Congress against the BJP government.
The Speaker Tulsi Ram did not allow the issue to be raised and said no notice has been given and proceeded with the business listed for the day.
Soon, Congress members started raising slogans and continued slogan shouting for sometime.
The members of treasury benches also raised counter slogans and Congress members staged a walkout.
Later , Ravinder Singh Ravi, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, flayed the walkout and said "Congress is a divided house, passing through an adverse phase with no issue of public interest and is forcing non-issues".
He said BJP was ready to discuss any issue and asked Congress leaders to give a proper notice for discussing the issue and added the "chargesheet" submitted by Congress had no substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter