Oppn Cong walkout on 1st day of HP Assembly monsoon session
Shimla: The four-day monsoon session of Himachal Pradesh Assembly started on a stormy note on Monday with opposition Congress staging a walkout to press the demand for a CBI probe into the "chargesheet" submitted by the party against the government.
Immediately after the obituary references, the Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes demanded an inquiry into the "chargesheet" submitted to the President by the state Congress against the BJP government.
The Speaker Tulsi Ram did not allow the issue to be raised and said no notice has been given and proceeded with the business listed for the day.
Soon, Congress members started raising slogans and continued slogan shouting for sometime.
The members of treasury benches also raised counter slogans and Congress members staged a walkout.
Later , Ravinder Singh Ravi, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, flayed the walkout and said "Congress is a divided house, passing through an adverse phase with no issue of public interest and is forcing non-issues".
He said BJP was ready to discuss any issue and asked Congress leaders to give a proper notice for discussing the issue and added the "chargesheet" submitted by Congress had no substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what