‘Oppn not taken into confidence on Lokayukta Bill’
Shimla: Congress in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday accused the BJP government of passing the Lokayukta Bill 2012
in a haste without taking the opposition into confidence.
"The bill is very weak and would not prove to be an
effective instrument in dealing with corruption among public
servants and Congress could not have supported it," HPCC
general secretary Kuldeep Singh Rathore told mediapersons.
It was an important Bill and should have been debated at
length but the government did not allow even two days`
mandatory time and rushed through the legislation, he said.
Rathore said Team Anna also distanced itself from the
bill after gauging the intentions of the government.
Meanwhile, the BJP spokesperson Ganesh Dutt accused the
Congress of running away from debate on Lokayukta Bill and
said it did not want the legislation to be passed.
The Lokayukta Bill passed by the state assembly was very
strong and even better and effective than the Uttarakhand Bill
and Congress which failed to bring an effective Lokpal Bill at
the Centre was criticising the BJP for political mileage, he
Opposing HPCA`s demand that the historic Annandale Ground
be handed over for multiple sports activities and indoor
stadium, Rathore said it should be kept undisturbed as
"natural heritage site".
He alleged that the government had some vested interest
in getting the Annandale back and handing it over to HPCA as
had been done in the case of Dharamshala Cricket stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray