Over 99 percent of HP panchayats connected with roads
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government today said that 3,017 panchayats in the state have already been connected with a wide network of roads and work is on to link the remaining 216.
"Out of total 3,243 panchayats in the state, 3,017 have already been connected by the roads and work is in progress to link 176 others by the end of the current financial year," a spokesperson said.
The roads are being constructed in remote and inaccessible areas in hostile hilly terrain and the time and cost factor in these areas was very high, the spokesperson said, adding that efforts were on to speed up the construction work of Kiratpur-Nerchowk and Shimla-Parwanoo National Highways.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has also accorded clearance for Kiratpur-Ner Chowk National Highway project and it will be completed within stipulated period, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates