Over 99 percent of HP panchayats connected with roads
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government today said that 3,017 panchayats in the state have already been connected with a wide network of roads and work is on to link the remaining 216.
"Out of total 3,243 panchayats in the state, 3,017 have already been connected by the roads and work is in progress to link 176 others by the end of the current financial year," a spokesperson said.
The roads are being constructed in remote and inaccessible areas in hostile hilly terrain and the time and cost factor in these areas was very high, the spokesperson said, adding that efforts were on to speed up the construction work of Kiratpur-Nerchowk and Shimla-Parwanoo National Highways.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has also accorded clearance for Kiratpur-Ner Chowk National Highway project and it will be completed within stipulated period, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional