Over 99 percent of HP panchayats connected with roads
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government today said that 3,017 panchayats in the state have already been connected with a wide network of roads and work is on to link the remaining 216.
"Out of total 3,243 panchayats in the state, 3,017 have already been connected by the roads and work is in progress to link 176 others by the end of the current financial year," a spokesperson said.
The roads are being constructed in remote and inaccessible areas in hostile hilly terrain and the time and cost factor in these areas was very high, the spokesperson said, adding that efforts were on to speed up the construction work of Kiratpur-Nerchowk and Shimla-Parwanoo National Highways.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has also accorded clearance for Kiratpur-Ner Chowk National Highway project and it will be completed within stipulated period, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok