Over 99 percent of HP panchayats connected with roads
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government today said that 3,017 panchayats in the state have already been connected with a wide network of roads and work is on to link the remaining 216.
"Out of total 3,243 panchayats in the state, 3,017 have already been connected by the roads and work is in progress to link 176 others by the end of the current financial year," a spokesperson said.
The roads are being constructed in remote and inaccessible areas in hostile hilly terrain and the time and cost factor in these areas was very high, the spokesperson said, adding that efforts were on to speed up the construction work of Kiratpur-Nerchowk and Shimla-Parwanoo National Highways.
Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has also accorded clearance for Kiratpur-Ner Chowk National Highway project and it will be completed within stipulated period, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court