Paid news threat to democracy: Dhumal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Saturday described "paid news" as a "threat" to
democracy and asked the media to maintain neutrality to
protect its credibility.
Speaking at the launch of a new TV channel "Himachal
Aajkal", Dhumal asked the media to play the role of a "real
watchdog" and help reinforce moral values in society.
He hoped the new channel would go a long way in
projecting the state in the "right perspective and penetrate
into new areas waiting for exposure".
He said Himachal Pradesh has emerged as role model of
development and Has won 52 national and international awards
for development in various fields in the four years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler