Paid news threat to democracy: Dhumal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Saturday described "paid news" as a "threat" to
democracy and asked the media to maintain neutrality to
protect its credibility.
Speaking at the launch of a new TV channel "Himachal
Aajkal", Dhumal asked the media to play the role of a "real
watchdog" and help reinforce moral values in society.
He hoped the new channel would go a long way in
projecting the state in the "right perspective and penetrate
into new areas waiting for exposure".
He said Himachal Pradesh has emerged as role model of
development and Has won 52 national and international awards
for development in various fields in the four years.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar
- Prosecutors says ISIS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome
- Bomb blast in Assam's Tinsukia area; dozens injured, some in serious condition
- EWS admission: Delhi Govt issues fresh instructions to schools
- Kanhaiya, ABVP activists on indefinite hunger strikes in JNU