Paid news threat to democracy: Dhumal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Saturday described "paid news" as a "threat" to
democracy and asked the media to maintain neutrality to
protect its credibility.
Speaking at the launch of a new TV channel "Himachal
Aajkal", Dhumal asked the media to play the role of a "real
watchdog" and help reinforce moral values in society.
He hoped the new channel would go a long way in
projecting the state in the "right perspective and penetrate
into new areas waiting for exposure".
He said Himachal Pradesh has emerged as role model of
development and Has won 52 national and international awards
for development in various fields in the four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon