Paid news threat to democracy: Dhumal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister PK Dhumal on Saturday described "paid news" as a "threat" to
democracy and asked the media to maintain neutrality to
protect its credibility.
Speaking at the launch of a new TV channel "Himachal
Aajkal", Dhumal asked the media to play the role of a "real
watchdog" and help reinforce moral values in society.
He hoped the new channel would go a long way in
projecting the state in the "right perspective and penetrate
into new areas waiting for exposure".
He said Himachal Pradesh has emerged as role model of
development and Has won 52 national and international awards
for development in various fields in the four years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH