Perform or be prepared for posting to remote areas
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Transport and Food and Civil Supplies Minister G S Bali on Monday gave a stern warning to non-performing officials of his twin departments to perform or be ready for posting to remote Pangi tribal valley.
"Postings in his departments would be performance-based and non-performers should hope only for posting to most remote Pangi tribal area in Bharmour," Bali told reporters here.
Lashing out at the previous BJP government for gross financial mismanagement during five years in power, he said that the imprudent decisions of the government deteriorated the financial position and the cumulative liabilities of his departments was over Rs 300 crore.
Charting out the roadmap of his departments, Bali said those financial constraints notwithstanding, a fleet of 300 buses would be added to Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC).
Bali also claimed to have saved another Rs 23 crores in Food and Civil Supply department in the new tenders finalised recently for purchase of foodgrains for Public Distribution System (PDS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read