Perform or be prepared for posting to remote areas
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Transport and Food and Civil Supplies Minister G S Bali on Monday gave a stern warning to non-performing officials of his twin departments to perform or be ready for posting to remote Pangi tribal valley.
"Postings in his departments would be performance-based and non-performers should hope only for posting to most remote Pangi tribal area in Bharmour," Bali told reporters here.
Lashing out at the previous BJP government for gross financial mismanagement during five years in power, he said that the imprudent decisions of the government deteriorated the financial position and the cumulative liabilities of his departments was over Rs 300 crore.
Charting out the roadmap of his departments, Bali said those financial constraints notwithstanding, a fleet of 300 buses would be added to Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC).
Bali also claimed to have saved another Rs 23 crores in Food and Civil Supply department in the new tenders finalised recently for purchase of foodgrains for Public Distribution System (PDS).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory