Perform or be prepared for posting to remote areas
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Transport and Food and Civil Supplies Minister G S Bali on Monday gave a stern warning to non-performing officials of his twin departments to perform or be ready for posting to remote Pangi tribal valley.
"Postings in his departments would be performance-based and non-performers should hope only for posting to most remote Pangi tribal area in Bharmour," Bali told reporters here.
Lashing out at the previous BJP government for gross financial mismanagement during five years in power, he said that the imprudent decisions of the government deteriorated the financial position and the cumulative liabilities of his departments was over Rs 300 crore.
Charting out the roadmap of his departments, Bali said those financial constraints notwithstanding, a fleet of 300 buses would be added to Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC).
Bali also claimed to have saved another Rs 23 crores in Food and Civil Supply department in the new tenders finalised recently for purchase of foodgrains for Public Distribution System (PDS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway