Perform or be prepared for posting to remote areas
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Transport and Food and Civil Supplies Minister G S Bali on Monday gave a stern warning to non-performing officials of his twin departments to perform or be ready for posting to remote Pangi tribal valley.
"Postings in his departments would be performance-based and non-performers should hope only for posting to most remote Pangi tribal area in Bharmour," Bali told reporters here.
Lashing out at the previous BJP government for gross financial mismanagement during five years in power, he said that the imprudent decisions of the government deteriorated the financial position and the cumulative liabilities of his departments was over Rs 300 crore.
Charting out the roadmap of his departments, Bali said those financial constraints notwithstanding, a fleet of 300 buses would be added to Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC).
Bali also claimed to have saved another Rs 23 crores in Food and Civil Supply department in the new tenders finalised recently for purchase of foodgrains for Public Distribution System (PDS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!