Phone tapping probe entrusted to Vigilance Bureau: HP govt
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government on Saturday entrusted the probe into the phone tapping during the previous BJP regime to the state Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau.
"The state government has handed over the inquiry into the controversial telephone tapping to the state Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau and directed it to complete it within a time-bound period," an official spokesman said here.
"A reference from the Home Department has been received to enquire into the matter of telephone tapping. Information made available in this regard is being analysed," AP Singh, DIG Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, said.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had made it clear that all those found involved in the act would not be spared.
Virbhadra had said over 1300 telephones were tapped during the BJP regime by the CID and Anti-Corruption Bureau and permission was sought only in respect of 34.
The remaining telephones were allegedly tapped illegally without any permission from the competent authority.
Hard discs of the computers of CID`s technical wing were seized on December 24-25 and sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory for examination.
A 3-member committee, set up by the government, examined and retrieved the records from the hard discs and prepared the list of telephones tapped by premier investigating agencies of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH