Phone tapping probe entrusted to Vigilance Bureau: HP govt
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government on Saturday entrusted the probe into the phone tapping during the previous BJP regime to the state Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau.
"The state government has handed over the inquiry into the controversial telephone tapping to the state Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau and directed it to complete it within a time-bound period," an official spokesman said here.
"A reference from the Home Department has been received to enquire into the matter of telephone tapping. Information made available in this regard is being analysed," AP Singh, DIG Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, said.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had made it clear that all those found involved in the act would not be spared.
Virbhadra had said over 1300 telephones were tapped during the BJP regime by the CID and Anti-Corruption Bureau and permission was sought only in respect of 34.
The remaining telephones were allegedly tapped illegally without any permission from the competent authority.
Hard discs of the computers of CID`s technical wing were seized on December 24-25 and sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory for examination.
A 3-member committee, set up by the government, examined and retrieved the records from the hard discs and prepared the list of telephones tapped by premier investigating agencies of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends