Pope`s decision to resign must be realistic: Dalai Lama
Dharmashala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today expressed hope that Pope Benedict XVI will continue to be available for the benefit of the people despite his resignation.
"Firstly little bit sad. I know him, he is intelligent one. But then naturally he is a religious practitioner and in the meantime very intelligent. So his decision must be I think realistic, some sort of greater benefit to concerned people. So I pray his remaining life still will be very useful and successful for all," the 14th Dalai Lama said today.
The Dalai Lama was attending the first annual convocation of Central university of Himachal Pradesh at Shapur about 35 kilometres from here, where he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Dalai Lama also said that education is a must to strengthen the mental knowledge, adding "educational institutes should not ignore the ancient values during the modernisation of education."
He said that the present education system is unable to provide most needed mental peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!