Pope`s decision to resign must be realistic: Dalai Lama
Dharmashala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today expressed hope that Pope Benedict XVI will continue to be available for the benefit of the people despite his resignation.
"Firstly little bit sad. I know him, he is intelligent one. But then naturally he is a religious practitioner and in the meantime very intelligent. So his decision must be I think realistic, some sort of greater benefit to concerned people. So I pray his remaining life still will be very useful and successful for all," the 14th Dalai Lama said today.
The Dalai Lama was attending the first annual convocation of Central university of Himachal Pradesh at Shapur about 35 kilometres from here, where he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Dalai Lama also said that education is a must to strengthen the mental knowledge, adding "educational institutes should not ignore the ancient values during the modernisation of education."
He said that the present education system is unable to provide most needed mental peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon