Pope`s decision to resign must be realistic: Dalai Lama
Dharmashala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today expressed hope that Pope Benedict XVI will continue to be available for the benefit of the people despite his resignation.
"Firstly little bit sad. I know him, he is intelligent one. But then naturally he is a religious practitioner and in the meantime very intelligent. So his decision must be I think realistic, some sort of greater benefit to concerned people. So I pray his remaining life still will be very useful and successful for all," the 14th Dalai Lama said today.
The Dalai Lama was attending the first annual convocation of Central university of Himachal Pradesh at Shapur about 35 kilometres from here, where he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Dalai Lama also said that education is a must to strengthen the mental knowledge, adding "educational institutes should not ignore the ancient values during the modernisation of education."
He said that the present education system is unable to provide most needed mental peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off