Pope`s decision to resign must be realistic: Dalai Lama
Dharmashala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today expressed hope that Pope Benedict XVI will continue to be available for the benefit of the people despite his resignation.
"Firstly little bit sad. I know him, he is intelligent one. But then naturally he is a religious practitioner and in the meantime very intelligent. So his decision must be I think realistic, some sort of greater benefit to concerned people. So I pray his remaining life still will be very useful and successful for all," the 14th Dalai Lama said today.
The Dalai Lama was attending the first annual convocation of Central university of Himachal Pradesh at Shapur about 35 kilometres from here, where he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Dalai Lama also said that education is a must to strengthen the mental knowledge, adding "educational institutes should not ignore the ancient values during the modernisation of education."
He said that the present education system is unable to provide most needed mental peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof