Pope`s decision to resign must be realistic: Dalai Lama
Dharmashala: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today expressed hope that Pope Benedict XVI will continue to be available for the benefit of the people despite his resignation.
"Firstly little bit sad. I know him, he is intelligent one. But then naturally he is a religious practitioner and in the meantime very intelligent. So his decision must be I think realistic, some sort of greater benefit to concerned people. So I pray his remaining life still will be very useful and successful for all," the 14th Dalai Lama said today.
The Dalai Lama was attending the first annual convocation of Central university of Himachal Pradesh at Shapur about 35 kilometres from here, where he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Dalai Lama also said that education is a must to strengthen the mental knowledge, adding "educational institutes should not ignore the ancient values during the modernisation of education."
He said that the present education system is unable to provide most needed mental peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what