Pranab to pay 3-day visit to Himachal from May 23
Shimla: President Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Himachal Pradesh on May 23 on a three-day visit, his first to the state after entering the highest office in the country, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
After arriving here on May 23, the President would stay at a retreat near Chharabra.
He is to address a session of the Himachal Assembly on the occasion of its golden jubilee and also attend the 20th convocation of Himachal Pradesh University.
On May 24, he will open the Tagore centre at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study.
The next day, the President will address a convocation of the Maharaja Agrasen University at Baddi in Solan district.
Elaborate security and other arrangements have been made for the visit and efforts are being made to ensure that least inconvenience is caused to general people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday