Pre-monsoon showers continue to lash Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Pre-monsoon showers continued to lash several parts of Himachal Pradesh for the sixth consecutive day today, causing a sharp fall in minimum temperatures at some places.
Several areas in mid and lower hills received moderate to heavy pre-monsoon rains, Director of the local MeT office Manmohan Singh said.
However, the arrival of monsoon by the due date (June 26) seemed unlikely, he said. Pre-monsoon rains would continue in the region, but heavy rains are likely on June 25 and 26, he added.
Sunnibhajji area of Shimla received heavy showers where 50 mm rain was recorded in the past 24 hours. Una and Baldwara received 32 mm of rain, followed by Gohar 31 mm, Joginder Nagar 30 mm, Nagrota Suriyan 29 mm, Mashobra 28 mm, Bangana 24 mm, Guler 22 mm, Sujanpur Tira 21 mm and Renuka 20 mm.
State capital Shimla was lashed by a thunderstorm last night and the town recorded 17 mm of rains. The intermittent showers caused sharp fall in minimum temperature and Shimla and the nearby resort of Mashobra today recorded a low of 13.6 degrees and 10.2 degrees, respectively, a drop of four to five degrees.
The minimum temperature dropped from 25.8 degrees to 20 degrees at Una today, but it remained hottest during the day with the maximum temperature of 42.8 degrees.
The day temperatures remained steady in rest of the state today. Nahan recorded a high of 35.3 degrees, followed by Sundernagar 35 degrees, Bhunter 34.6 degrees, Solan 33.7 degrees, Dharamshala 31.8 degrees, Shimla 28.6 degrees, Kalpa 25.8 degrees and Manali 23.6 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC