Pre-monsoon showers continue to lash Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Pre-monsoon showers continued to lash several parts of Himachal Pradesh for the sixth consecutive day today, causing a sharp fall in minimum temperatures at some places.
Several areas in mid and lower hills received moderate to heavy pre-monsoon rains, Director of the local MeT office Manmohan Singh said.
However, the arrival of monsoon by the due date (June 26) seemed unlikely, he said. Pre-monsoon rains would continue in the region, but heavy rains are likely on June 25 and 26, he added.
Sunnibhajji area of Shimla received heavy showers where 50 mm rain was recorded in the past 24 hours. Una and Baldwara received 32 mm of rain, followed by Gohar 31 mm, Joginder Nagar 30 mm, Nagrota Suriyan 29 mm, Mashobra 28 mm, Bangana 24 mm, Guler 22 mm, Sujanpur Tira 21 mm and Renuka 20 mm.
State capital Shimla was lashed by a thunderstorm last night and the town recorded 17 mm of rains. The intermittent showers caused sharp fall in minimum temperature and Shimla and the nearby resort of Mashobra today recorded a low of 13.6 degrees and 10.2 degrees, respectively, a drop of four to five degrees.
The minimum temperature dropped from 25.8 degrees to 20 degrees at Una today, but it remained hottest during the day with the maximum temperature of 42.8 degrees.
The day temperatures remained steady in rest of the state today. Nahan recorded a high of 35.3 degrees, followed by Sundernagar 35 degrees, Bhunter 34.6 degrees, Solan 33.7 degrees, Dharamshala 31.8 degrees, Shimla 28.6 degrees, Kalpa 25.8 degrees and Manali 23.6 degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city