Preity Zinta to be Himachal`s brand ambassador
Shimla: Bollywood actress Preity Zinta will
soon be seen promoting tourism in Himachal Pradesh.
The Himachal-born star has agreed in principle to become
the state`s brand ambassador for tourism and environment,
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said today.
Arun Sharma, Director, Tourism and Civil Aviation,
Himachal Pradesh, had recently met Zinta in Mumbai for getting her consent to lend support to the state by becoming the brand ambassador.
The state has been blessed with immense natural wealth
that can be harnessed for tourism promotion but the
infrastructure built so far is yet to match the requirements
of the high-end tourists, Dhumal said in a press release here.
He said that bids had been invited from renowned
international chains of hoteliers to invest in five and seven
star resorts in the state to cater to the needs of such
The state government has already approved heli-taxi
service for these tourists to enable them to visit the far off
and distant virgin locations and explore the lesser-known
beautiful places, he said.
Meanwhile, Sharma said Zinta`s involvement in tourism
promotion would be a great boost for the industry in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?