President arrives on 3-day visit to Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: President Pranab Mukherjee arrived here on Thursday on a three-day visit to Himachal Pradesh.
The President would stay at the "Retreat" near Chharabra in the midst of pine forests.
The Retreat, a historic building and witness to many a political events during pre- independence period, became a part of Rashtrapati Bhawan after Viceregal Lodge was donated to HRD Ministry by former President S Radhakrishnan in 1965 for opening the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS).
During his first visit to the state after becoming the President in July last year, Mukherjee would address the special Golden Jubilee function of Himachal Pradesh Assembly at the majestic Council Chamber building, deliver convocation address at Himachal Pradesh University and inaugurate Tagore Centre at the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies tomorrow.
He would also inaugurate the Maharaja Agrasen University at Kalu Jhanda in Solan district on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'