`Private varsities in HP should upload details on website`
Shimla: Alleging that the mushrooming private universities in Himachal had become a cover up for various illegal activities, the state unit of CPI(M) Sunday sought provisions making it mandatory for these varsities to disclose details of their setup on their website.
"Several instances have come to light where the money in these private universities has been poured by anti-social elements. Investing money in these universities has become a safe haven for black marketeers and other notorious people," CPI(M) leader and city Deputy Mayor Takinder Panwar said.
He asked the state government to make it mandatory for these institutes to upload all relevant details including the owners and financers, administration, courses, staff position, students and infrastructure on the website.
Panwar alleged these varsities have been opened either to siphon off money collected from the students or to grab the land and use it for commercial purposes later.
He asked the government to further strengthen regulatory provisions to effectively deal with the wrongdoings of institutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!