Probe into Prashant Bhushan`s land allotment starts
Shimla: Close on the heels of cancelling the lease deed of land allotted to yoga teacher Ramdev`s trust, the Himachal Pradesh government has started a probe into the alleged illegalities in allotment of land to a trust owned by social activist Prashant Bhushan in Kangra.
"We have sought replies from revenue officials on eleven queries in respect of 4.68 hectare land purchased by Kumud Bhushan Education Society of Prashant Bhushan and necessary follow up action would be taken in case Land laws and Land ceiling Act was violated in granting the permission by previous BJP government," Kaul Singh Thakur, Revenue Minister said.
Bhusan`s trust was given land by the previous BJP government, which had also alloted land to Ramdev`s trust.
"In fact, the government has decided to probe all land deals in violation of section 118 of Tenancy and Land Reforms Act and Land ceiling Act and other, `benami` land deals during the BJP regime and will take necessary action," he added.
The authorities of the Revenue Department have begun scrutinising of documents pertaining to the purchase of land by the society.
The sale deed of the land was registered before a local registrar on March 4, 2010 and Revenue officials are scrutinising the relevant documents for preparing the report to be sent to the government for follow up action.
The owner of the land, a resident of Kamlehar (Palampur) village was granted permission to transfer this tea garden to Bhushan`s society in relaxation of sections 6-A and 7-A of the HP Ceiling Act, 1972 and the society was also allowed "change in land use".
HP Land Revenue Act prohibits sale of tea gardens.
Under section 6 A of the Ceiling Act:"If the land exempted under ceiling Act is put without the permission of the State Government to any other use than raising or maintenance of tea plantation or a purpose subservient to tea plantation, it shall be treated as surplus area and shall be deemed to have been acquired by the state government for a public purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi