Probe source of Modi campaign funds: Virbhadra to EC
Shimla: Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday urged the Election Commission to probe the sources of crores of rupees being allegedly spent on his election campaign.
Addressing election rallies at Jari, Bhuntar and Jagatsukh in Kullu district in support of Congress candidate, Pratibha Singh, he said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was selling the "Gujarat model of development" through his high profile campaign and asked why Gujaratis were going out of that state for jobs if the state had really made progress.
"The BJP is projecting Modi in a such manner that he is panacea for all the ills and the moment he becomes the Prime minister, all the problems would be solved," Singh said, adding that he had never seen such a charisma in the 52 years of his electoral politics.
Claiming that all the development that has taken place in the country was result of Congress rule which made policies and programmes and made efforts to remove backwardness and integrated the society, he said BJP was dividing the people on the basis of caste, creed, religion and region.
He slammed the BJP for discarding the Ram temple issue in last general elections while allegedly pocketing more than Rs 1,000 crores collected from donations for the construction of the temple from across the country.
He said if the BJP wanted to construct for purely religious reasons, he would be the first to contribute for it, but said BJP was politicising the issue and trying to gain political mileage out of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city