Probe source of Modi campaign funds: Virbhadra to EC
Shimla: Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday urged the Election Commission to probe the sources of crores of rupees being allegedly spent on his election campaign.
Addressing election rallies at Jari, Bhuntar and Jagatsukh in Kullu district in support of Congress candidate, Pratibha Singh, he said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was selling the "Gujarat model of development" through his high profile campaign and asked why Gujaratis were going out of that state for jobs if the state had really made progress.
"The BJP is projecting Modi in a such manner that he is panacea for all the ills and the moment he becomes the Prime minister, all the problems would be solved," Singh said, adding that he had never seen such a charisma in the 52 years of his electoral politics.
Claiming that all the development that has taken place in the country was result of Congress rule which made policies and programmes and made efforts to remove backwardness and integrated the society, he said BJP was dividing the people on the basis of caste, creed, religion and region.
He slammed the BJP for discarding the Ram temple issue in last general elections while allegedly pocketing more than Rs 1,000 crores collected from donations for the construction of the temple from across the country.
He said if the BJP wanted to construct for purely religious reasons, he would be the first to contribute for it, but said BJP was politicising the issue and trying to gain political mileage out of it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh