Proposed tunnel to reduce Dharamsala-Chamba distance
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh government plans to construct a 4.9-km tunnel beneath Dhaoladhar snow range, which will reduce the road distance between Dharamsala and Chamba by 270 kms, a state minister said here on Sunday.
The tunnel will be constructed from Chamunda near Dharamsala to Holi a remote area of Chamba," said Urban Development Minister Sudheer Sharma.
Public Works Department has been instructed to prepare a survey report and detailed project report, he said.
The project, worth Rs 145.74 crore, will also provide uninterrupted year-long access to the snow bound area of Chamba with rest of state, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha