Proposed tunnel to reduce Dharamsala-Chamba distance
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh government plans to construct a 4.9-km tunnel beneath Dhaoladhar snow range, which will reduce the road distance between Dharamsala and Chamba by 270 kms, a state minister said here on Sunday.
The tunnel will be constructed from Chamunda near Dharamsala to Holi a remote area of Chamba," said Urban Development Minister Sudheer Sharma.
Public Works Department has been instructed to prepare a survey report and detailed project report, he said.
The project, worth Rs 145.74 crore, will also provide uninterrupted year-long access to the snow bound area of Chamba with rest of state, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah