Proposed tunnel to reduce Dharamsala-Chamba distance
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh government plans to construct a 4.9-km tunnel beneath Dhaoladhar snow range, which will reduce the road distance between Dharamsala and Chamba by 270 kms, a state minister said here on Sunday.
The tunnel will be constructed from Chamunda near Dharamsala to Holi a remote area of Chamba," said Urban Development Minister Sudheer Sharma.
Public Works Department has been instructed to prepare a survey report and detailed project report, he said.
The project, worth Rs 145.74 crore, will also provide uninterrupted year-long access to the snow bound area of Chamba with rest of state, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan