Proposed tunnel to reduce Dharamsala-Chamba distance
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh government plans to construct a 4.9-km tunnel beneath Dhaoladhar snow range, which will reduce the road distance between Dharamsala and Chamba by 270 kms, a state minister said here on Sunday.
The tunnel will be constructed from Chamunda near Dharamsala to Holi a remote area of Chamba," said Urban Development Minister Sudheer Sharma.
Public Works Department has been instructed to prepare a survey report and detailed project report, he said.
The project, worth Rs 145.74 crore, will also provide uninterrupted year-long access to the snow bound area of Chamba with rest of state, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill