Proposed tunnel to reduce Dharamsala-Chamba distance
Dharamsala: The Himachal Pradesh government plans to construct a 4.9-km tunnel beneath Dhaoladhar snow range, which will reduce the road distance between Dharamsala and Chamba by 270 kms, a state minister said here on Sunday.
The tunnel will be constructed from Chamunda near Dharamsala to Holi a remote area of Chamba," said Urban Development Minister Sudheer Sharma.
Public Works Department has been instructed to prepare a survey report and detailed project report, he said.
The project, worth Rs 145.74 crore, will also provide uninterrupted year-long access to the snow bound area of Chamba with rest of state, Sharma said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way