Quake of mild intensity hits Kangra district of HP
Shimla: An earthquake of mild intensity jolted Himachal Pradesh`s Kangra district and adjoining areas late Saturday night.
The tremors which occurred at 11.20 pm lasted four to five seconds and the intensity of earthquake with epicentre at Kangra was 4.5 on the Richter scale, the Indian Meteorological Department said.
Tremors were felt in Dharamsala, Palampur, Jwalamukhi and surrounding areas.
However, no loss of life or property was reported from any part of the state, sources said.
Kangra falls in seismic zone V and is highly prone to earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi