Quake of mild intensity hits Kangra district of HP
Shimla: An earthquake of mild intensity jolted Himachal Pradesh`s Kangra district and adjoining areas late Saturday night.
The tremors which occurred at 11.20 pm lasted four to five seconds and the intensity of earthquake with epicentre at Kangra was 4.5 on the Richter scale, the Indian Meteorological Department said.
Tremors were felt in Dharamsala, Palampur, Jwalamukhi and surrounding areas.
However, no loss of life or property was reported from any part of the state, sources said.
Kangra falls in seismic zone V and is highly prone to earthquakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday