Quake rattles HP, Nepal-India, Indo-Bangladesh border
New Delhi: Earthquakes of slight intensity jolted Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Nepal-India border (Uttarakhand) and Indo-Bangladesh frontier region in Tripura on Thursday, the met department here said.
While the quake in Chamba was recorded at 3 on the Richter scale, the same in Nepal-India border and Indo-Bangladesh border was measured at 3.2 and 3.1 respectively.
The Indo-Nepal border was the first to be jolted at around 8.09 pm followed by the quake in Chamba at around 8.22 pm and in Tripura at about 9.30pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’