Rahul to address rally in Himachal March 8
Shimla: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally in Dharamsala of Himachal Pradesh on International Women`s Day March 8, a party leader said Monday.
His rally in the Kangra district town would start the party`s campaign for the Lok Sabha elections, state Congress president Sukhvinder Sukhu told reporters here.
Sukhu said that prior to the rally, Gandhi would meet Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee office-bearers in Dharamsala, some 250 km from the state capital Shimla.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held a public rally Feb 16 in Sujanpur town of Hamirpur district, 175 km from Shimla, to gear up the party cadres in the state.
Of the four parliamentary seats in Himachal Pradesh, the BJP won Shimla (reserved), Kangra and Hamirpur, the Congress bagged Mandi during the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand