Rahul to address rally in Himachal March 8
Shimla: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally in Dharamsala of Himachal Pradesh on International Women`s Day March 8, a party leader said Monday.
His rally in the Kangra district town would start the party`s campaign for the Lok Sabha elections, state Congress president Sukhvinder Sukhu told reporters here.
Sukhu said that prior to the rally, Gandhi would meet Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee office-bearers in Dharamsala, some 250 km from the state capital Shimla.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held a public rally Feb 16 in Sujanpur town of Hamirpur district, 175 km from Shimla, to gear up the party cadres in the state.
Of the four parliamentary seats in Himachal Pradesh, the BJP won Shimla (reserved), Kangra and Hamirpur, the Congress bagged Mandi during the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September