Rahul to address rally in Himachal March 8
Shimla: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally in Dharamsala of Himachal Pradesh on International Women`s Day March 8, a party leader said Monday.
His rally in the Kangra district town would start the party`s campaign for the Lok Sabha elections, state Congress president Sukhvinder Sukhu told reporters here.
Sukhu said that prior to the rally, Gandhi would meet Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee office-bearers in Dharamsala, some 250 km from the state capital Shimla.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held a public rally Feb 16 in Sujanpur town of Hamirpur district, 175 km from Shimla, to gear up the party cadres in the state.
Of the four parliamentary seats in Himachal Pradesh, the BJP won Shimla (reserved), Kangra and Hamirpur, the Congress bagged Mandi during the 2009 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill