Rain deficit down to 29% as heavy downpour lashes Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The rain deficit which was 43 per cent till July 14 in Himachal Pradesh has come down to 29 per cent as several areas of the state were lashed by intermittent heavy rains during past five days.
According to MeT office, barring Chamba, Sirmaur, Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts, the deficit was marginal and some of the districts like Shimla had normal rains.
Shimla district has received 600 mm of rains so far while the total rainfall during July was 195 mm against normal rainfall of 295 mm, Director, local MeT office, Manmohan Singh said.
The monsoon remained active in lower and mid hills of Shimla, Solan, Kangra and Mandi districts and Solan was wettest in the region with 98 mm of rains followed by Rajgarh 85 mm rains, Sunnibajji 64 mm, Gohar 62 mm, Kandaghat 61 mm, Nadaun 58 mm Nahan 57 mm, Dharamshala and Nauni 54 mm each, Dharampur 52 mm, Kasauli 47 mm, Kotkhai 43 mm, Karsog and Shimla 42 mm, Sundernagar 40 mm.
Trees were uprooted at many places as rains triggered landslides and more than 40 link roads were blocked in the interior areas.
All rivers and their tributaries are in spate and people living along the banks of the rivers have been alerted to move to safe places.
The minimum temperatures dropped marginally and Kalpa and Keylong recorded a low of 13.0 degrees Celsius while Manali recorded minimum temperature at 14.4 degrees C, followed by Nahan 15.5 degrees C, Shimla 15.8 degrees C, Solan 18.0 degrees C, Dharamsala 18.6 degrees C, Bhuntar and Sundernagar 19.5 degrees C and Una 21.2 degrees C.
The maximum temperature remained moderate and Una recorded a high of 33.0 degrees C while Sundernagar and Dharamsala recorded minimum temperature at 29.0 degrees C and 27.2 followed by Bhuntar 26.8 degrees C, Nahan 22.8 degrees C, Solan 21.5 degrees C, Shimla 18.4 degrees C and Kalpa 15.4 degrees C.
The local MeT office has predicted light to moderate rains at many places during next five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP