Rain eludes Himachal Pradesh, temperatures soar
Shimla: Monsoon rains evaded most parts of Himachal Pradesh leading to a sultry weather, as temperature rose marginally and breached 35 degrees Celsius mark at several places in the state.
Una was hottest with maximum temperature at 39.8 degrees, a rise of one degree while Bhunter and Sundernagar were warmer with a high of 36.1 degrees and 35.6 degrees respectively.
Nahan recorded 31.7 degree, Solan?31.5 degree, Dharamshala 29.8 degree, Shimla 27.4 degree, Manali 27.2 degree and Kalpa 26.2 degree C.
Some parts of the state got scanty rains.
Mandi and Dharamsala were wettest in the region with 16 mm of rains while Bangana and Gaggal (Kangra) recorded 10 mm and Gaggal 6 mm of rains.
Minimum temperatures also rose marginally and Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti was coldest with a low of 11.9 degrees while Manali and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures at 12.4 degrees and 14.0 degrees.
Shimla recorded 18 degrees, Solan 19.8 degrees, Dharamsala 20 degrees, Nahan and Palampur 21.5 degrees, Sundernagar 21.9 degrees, Bhuntar 22 degrees and Una 23.4 degrees.
The local Meteorological office has predicted light to moderate rains at isolated places during next five days.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail