Rain lashes some parts of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Heavy rains accompanied by high
velocity winds lashed some parts of Himachal Pradesh,
including the state capital, causing fall in day temperatures
and giving relief to people from the scorching sun.
Shimla was lashed by high velocity winds accompanied by
rains, causing a drop of five degrees in the day temperature
which had risen to 25 degrees Celsius.
Sundernagar in Mandi district received heavy downpour,
recorded at 55 mm, while Mandi received 5 mm of rains.
Rainfall was also reported from Solan, Kullu, upper
Shimla and parts of Sirmaur districts.
The maximum temperatures which had increased to 33 deg C
and 30.8 deg C at Sundernagar and Mandi respectively dropped
by four to five degrees as rains washed the region.
Una was the hottest in the region with a high of 40.2 deg
C, followed by Bhuntar (33.1), Solan (32.4), Nahan (31.8) and
The minimum temperatures remained steady at 17.2 deg C in
Shimla, 18.5 deg C in Solan, 20 degrees in Mandi and
Sundernagar, 20.5 in Palampur and Dharamsala, 20.8 in
Palampur, 21.8 in Una and 24.4 in Nahan.
The local Met office has predicted more rains in the
region during the next 48 hours as another Western Disturbance
is likely to reach the region by June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach