Rain ravaged Himachal may get heavy rains
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is set to get heavy rains this week even as most roads in the interiors of Kinnaur district remain closed to traffic after last month`s torrential rains and landslides.
"The entire state is likely to experience heavy spells of rainfall from Tuesday," an official of the meteorological department told a news agency on Sunday.
He said the monsoon, which was undergoing a lull in the region, was active again.
The tourist towns of Shimla, Kufri, Kasauli, Chamba, Dharamsala and Manali, may get rains, the official said.
Incessant rainfall in the region June 16 triggered massive landslides that blocked many roads in Kinnaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'