Rain ravaged Himachal may get heavy rains
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh is set to get heavy rains this week even as most roads in the interiors of Kinnaur district remain closed to traffic after last month`s torrential rains and landslides.
"The entire state is likely to experience heavy spells of rainfall from Tuesday," an official of the meteorological department told a news agency on Sunday.
He said the monsoon, which was undergoing a lull in the region, was active again.
The tourist towns of Shimla, Kufri, Kasauli, Chamba, Dharamsala and Manali, may get rains, the official said.
Incessant rainfall in the region June 16 triggered massive landslides that blocked many roads in Kinnaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police