Rain, snow kill 23 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Twenty-three people were killed this year in Himachal Pradesh due to heavy snow and rains, the government said on Wednesday.
These also destroyed property worth Rs 229 crore, Revenue Minister Kaul Singh told the assembly.
The maximum number of 15 deaths occurred in Kinnaur district, followed by eight in Shimla.
The minister said there were reports of heavy loss to apple trees in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video