Rain, snow kill 23 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Twenty-three people were killed this year in Himachal Pradesh due to heavy snow and rains, the government said on Wednesday.
These also destroyed property worth Rs 229 crore, Revenue Minister Kaul Singh told the assembly.
The maximum number of 15 deaths occurred in Kinnaur district, followed by eight in Shimla.
The minister said there were reports of heavy loss to apple trees in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli