Rain, snow kill 23 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Twenty-three people were killed this year in Himachal Pradesh due to heavy snow and rains, the government said on Wednesday.
These also destroyed property worth Rs 229 crore, Revenue Minister Kaul Singh told the assembly.
The maximum number of 15 deaths occurred in Kinnaur district, followed by eight in Shimla.
The minister said there were reports of heavy loss to apple trees in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail