Rain, snow kill 23 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Twenty-three people were killed this year in Himachal Pradesh due to heavy snow and rains, the government said on Wednesday.
These also destroyed property worth Rs 229 crore, Revenue Minister Kaul Singh told the assembly.
The maximum number of 15 deaths occurred in Kinnaur district, followed by eight in Shimla.
The minister said there were reports of heavy loss to apple trees in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch