Rain, snow kill 23 in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Twenty-three people were killed this year in Himachal Pradesh due to heavy snow and rains, the government said on Wednesday.
These also destroyed property worth Rs 229 crore, Revenue Minister Kaul Singh told the assembly.
The maximum number of 15 deaths occurred in Kinnaur district, followed by eight in Shimla.
The minister said there were reports of heavy loss to apple trees in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor