Rains at isolated places in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh received moderate rainfall at isolated places on Friday as monsoon remained weak in the state and day temperatures rose marginally by two to three degrees.
Renuka and Nahan in Sirmaur district received 79 mm and 32 mm of rains while Palampur recorded 15 mm rains, followed by Sundernagar 11 mm, Gohar 9 mm, Jogindernagar 7 mm and Dharamsala 6 mm.
However, local MeT office has warned of heavy to very heavy rains at isolated places from July 14 onwards as Western Disturbance (WD) as an upper air system lies over North Pakistan and neighbourhood persists.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 34.6 degree Celsius while Sundernagar recorded a high of 33.0 degree C, followed by Kangra 32.5 deg, Dharamsala 29.6 deg, Solan 28.5 deg, Shimla 24.0 deg and Kalpa 23.6 deg C respectively.
The night temperatures remained moderate in the state with Una recording a high of 24.2 degree Celsius, followed by Hamirpur 22.4 degree C, Dharamsala and Sundernagar 21.0 deg, Bhuntar 20.4 deg, Solan 19.0 deg, Palampur and Shimla 16.5 deg and Manali 15.4 deg C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days