Rains, hailstorm lashes parts of HP, mercury slides
Shimla: Several parts of Kangra, Chamba and Mandi districts were lashed by sharp showers, accompanied by hails Sunday evening causing sharp fall in day temperatures.
Rainfall in the upper ranges of Dhauladhar, provided much needed relief to people from scorching heat in Dharamsala and surrounding areas.
The day temperatures dropped by few notches as sky remained partially overcast and Una in Shivalik hills was hottest with maximum temperature at 38 degrees Celsius while Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a high of 35.5 deg and 33 deg respectively, followed by Nahan 32.7 deg, Dharamsala 30.2 deg, Solan 29 deg, Kalpa 24.1 deg and Shimla 23 deg C.
However, Una was hottest during the night also with minimum temperature at 26 deg C, 6 deg above normal while Kalpa, Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a low of 14.4 deg, 22.6 deg and 20.9 deg, 8.4 deg and 6 deg C above normal.
Meanwhile, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation has resumed bus services on Manali-Leh road and sent the first bus from Delhi to Leh via Manali and Keylong.
The bus service was suspended on September 15 last year and has been resumed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah