Rains, hailstorm lashes parts of HP, mercury slides
Shimla: Several parts of Kangra, Chamba and Mandi districts were lashed by sharp showers, accompanied by hails Sunday evening causing sharp fall in day temperatures.
Rainfall in the upper ranges of Dhauladhar, provided much needed relief to people from scorching heat in Dharamsala and surrounding areas.
The day temperatures dropped by few notches as sky remained partially overcast and Una in Shivalik hills was hottest with maximum temperature at 38 degrees Celsius while Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a high of 35.5 deg and 33 deg respectively, followed by Nahan 32.7 deg, Dharamsala 30.2 deg, Solan 29 deg, Kalpa 24.1 deg and Shimla 23 deg C.
However, Una was hottest during the night also with minimum temperature at 26 deg C, 6 deg above normal while Kalpa, Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a low of 14.4 deg, 22.6 deg and 20.9 deg, 8.4 deg and 6 deg C above normal.
Meanwhile, the Himachal Road Transport Corporation has resumed bus services on Manali-Leh road and sent the first bus from Delhi to Leh via Manali and Keylong.
The bus service was suspended on September 15 last year and has been resumed recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP