Rains in parts of Himachal Pradesh, high humidity pushes up mercury
Shimla: Despite moderate to heavy rains in several areas of Himachal Pradesh, mercury rose by two to three degrees in the state due to rise in humidity level.
According to the local MeT office, moderate to heavy rains would continue to lash the region during the next three to four days.
Solan was the wettest in the region with 38-mm of rains, while Kangra and Kahu recorded 15-mm rainfall each.
Nauni and Kasauli received 14 mm and 13 mm of rains, respectively, followed by Amb 10-mm and Bijahi 7-mm. Shimla town and its surrounding areas were lashed by heavy showers this evening and the town recorded 5-mm of rains.
Una was hottest in the region with a maximum temperature of 39 degrees Celsius, while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a high of 35.2 degrees, followed by Nahan 34.0, Solan 30.8, Dharamsala 30.2, Manali 26.4, Shimla 25.9 and Kalpa 25.6 degrees Celsius.
Minimum temperature increased by two notches to stand at 11 degrees Celsius at Kalpa, while Manali and Keylong recorded a low of 12.0 degrees and 13.4 degrees. Shimla, Dharamsala and Una recorded a low or 17.1, 21.6 and 23.7 degrees Celsius, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!