Rajesh Dharmani resigns as Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary
Shimla: Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS) Rajesh Dharmani today tendered his resignation from the post.
Dharmani has sent his resignation to Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and informed his private secretary Subhash Ahluwalia about it, sources close to the leader said.
A two-time MLA from Ghumarvin assembly segment in Bilaspur district, Dharmani had resigned earlier also but was persuaded by the Chief Minister to withdraw it.
Dharmani had then said that there was no work allocation for CPS and there was no point in holding on to the post.
There are nine CPSs in the state including Dharmani. Another CPS, Rakesh Kalia had resigned last year after he was appointed AICC secretary.
The practice of appointing CPS started after downsizing of the ministry to fifteen per cent of the strength of the legislature, as per which Himachal government has a maximum limit of 12 ministers, including the Chief Minister. The CPSs were appointed to accommodate aspirants who could net get berth in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill