Rajesh Dharmani resigns as Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary
Shimla: Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS) Rajesh Dharmani today tendered his resignation from the post.
Dharmani has sent his resignation to Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and informed his private secretary Subhash Ahluwalia about it, sources close to the leader said.
A two-time MLA from Ghumarvin assembly segment in Bilaspur district, Dharmani had resigned earlier also but was persuaded by the Chief Minister to withdraw it.
Dharmani had then said that there was no work allocation for CPS and there was no point in holding on to the post.
There are nine CPSs in the state including Dharmani. Another CPS, Rakesh Kalia had resigned last year after he was appointed AICC secretary.
The practice of appointing CPS started after downsizing of the ministry to fifteen per cent of the strength of the legislature, as per which Himachal government has a maximum limit of 12 ministers, including the Chief Minister. The CPSs were appointed to accommodate aspirants who could net get berth in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'