Rajesh Dharmani resigns as Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary
Shimla: Himachal Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS) Rajesh Dharmani today tendered his resignation from the post.
Dharmani has sent his resignation to Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and informed his private secretary Subhash Ahluwalia about it, sources close to the leader said.
A two-time MLA from Ghumarvin assembly segment in Bilaspur district, Dharmani had resigned earlier also but was persuaded by the Chief Minister to withdraw it.
Dharmani had then said that there was no work allocation for CPS and there was no point in holding on to the post.
There are nine CPSs in the state including Dharmani. Another CPS, Rakesh Kalia had resigned last year after he was appointed AICC secretary.
The practice of appointing CPS started after downsizing of the ministry to fifteen per cent of the strength of the legislature, as per which Himachal government has a maximum limit of 12 ministers, including the Chief Minister. The CPSs were appointed to accommodate aspirants who could net get berth in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here