Ramdev`s yogpeeth to go to court against HP govt order
Dehradun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth will go to court against the Himachal Pradesh government order cancelling the land lease given to it by the previous BJP government in the state.
"We will take legal recourse to challenge the Himachal Pradesh government`s order cancelling our land lease at Solan (in HP)," Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna told reporters in Haridwar on Thursday.
Accusing the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of cancelling the lease at the behest of the Centre, he claimed the yogpeeth`s centre in Solan district had provided direct and indirect employment to thousands of unemployed youths of nearly 40 villages in the area.
About 28 acres of land near Sadhupul in Solan district was given to Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP government in Himachal Pradesh in 2010 for token lease of Rs 1 per year for a period of 99 years.
Balkrishna said there was nothing wrong in giving the land on a token lease to the Yogpeeth as it was to be used for people`s welfare and not commercial purpose.
"The Patanjali Yogpeeth centre at Solan is to be inaugurated on February 27 and both me and Baba Ramdev will attend the occasion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan