Ramdev`s yogpeeth to go to court against HP govt order
Dehradun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth will go to court against the Himachal Pradesh government order cancelling the land lease given to it by the previous BJP government in the state.
"We will take legal recourse to challenge the Himachal Pradesh government`s order cancelling our land lease at Solan (in HP)," Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna told reporters in Haridwar on Thursday.
Accusing the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of cancelling the lease at the behest of the Centre, he claimed the yogpeeth`s centre in Solan district had provided direct and indirect employment to thousands of unemployed youths of nearly 40 villages in the area.
About 28 acres of land near Sadhupul in Solan district was given to Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP government in Himachal Pradesh in 2010 for token lease of Rs 1 per year for a period of 99 years.
Balkrishna said there was nothing wrong in giving the land on a token lease to the Yogpeeth as it was to be used for people`s welfare and not commercial purpose.
"The Patanjali Yogpeeth centre at Solan is to be inaugurated on February 27 and both me and Baba Ramdev will attend the occasion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule