Ramdev`s yogpeeth to go to court against HP govt order
Dehradun: Yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth will go to court against the Himachal Pradesh government order cancelling the land lease given to it by the previous BJP government in the state.
"We will take legal recourse to challenge the Himachal Pradesh government`s order cancelling our land lease at Solan (in HP)," Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna told reporters in Haridwar on Thursday.
Accusing the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of cancelling the lease at the behest of the Centre, he claimed the yogpeeth`s centre in Solan district had provided direct and indirect employment to thousands of unemployed youths of nearly 40 villages in the area.
About 28 acres of land near Sadhupul in Solan district was given to Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP government in Himachal Pradesh in 2010 for token lease of Rs 1 per year for a period of 99 years.
Balkrishna said there was nothing wrong in giving the land on a token lease to the Yogpeeth as it was to be used for people`s welfare and not commercial purpose.
"The Patanjali Yogpeeth centre at Solan is to be inaugurated on February 27 and both me and Baba Ramdev will attend the occasion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'