Rescue posts set up at Rohtang Pass
Shimla: Two rescue posts were on Saturday set up on either sides of Rohtang Pass to ensure safety of people crossing the 15,050 ft pass, which has been officially closed for vehicular traffic for the winter.
The rescue posts were set up at Mari and Koksar on either side of Rohtang Pass.
The rescue posts have been set up by the Kullu and Lahaul-Spiti district administration and Atal Bihari Vajpayee Mountaineering and Allied Sports Institute, Manali and rescue team will remain alert to meet any exigency, an official said.
Director, Mountaineering and Allied Sports Institute, Capt Randhir Salhuria said that these rescue posts have been set up to help the people crossing Rohtang Pass.
People should cross Rohtang only in clear weather conditions, he said.
Salhuria said that people should register themselves at Marhi while going towards Lahaul-Spiti and at Khoksar while going towards Manali so that rescue team could help the people at the time of any emergency.
The administration has appealed the people to cross the Rohtang Pas crest before 3 pm.
Meanwhile, vehicles are plying between Lahaul and Manali frequently despite the fact that temperature has dipped below freezing point during night at Rohtang Pass.
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has officially closed the Manali-Rohtang Road on November 10 for the vehicular traffic.
Tribal people are crossing Rohtang in compulsion but the tourists are unaware of danger and going towards Rohtang.
"Information board regarding closure of Rohtang road has been set up at various points and hoteliers, guides and tourists have been asked to not to go towards Rohtang Pass," said SDM Manali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks