Roads, livestock destroyed in cloudburst in Himachal Pradesh
Keylong: Roads, bridges and hundreds of livestock were swept away following a cloudburst in Changut village of Lahaul and Spiti district, police said on Friday.
About 100 livestock, a bridge and 50-meter road were washed away in the cloudburst in Mayar area of the district last night, they said.
"The sheep and goats were crossing the bridge when the cloudburst occurred and about 90 to 100 herds of cattle were washed away along with the bridge," Deputy Commissioner B S Thakur said.
There are no reports of any loss of life so far.
The SDM, R K Thakur reached the spot at night to take stock of the situation. Local executive engineers and other officials have also reached the affected village to assess the loss and start restoration works, Thakur said.
The village had suffered similar loss due to a cloudburst 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list