Roads, livestock destroyed in cloudburst in Himachal Pradesh
Keylong: Roads, bridges and hundreds of livestock were swept away following a cloudburst in Changut village of Lahaul and Spiti district, police said on Friday.
About 100 livestock, a bridge and 50-meter road were washed away in the cloudburst in Mayar area of the district last night, they said.
"The sheep and goats were crossing the bridge when the cloudburst occurred and about 90 to 100 herds of cattle were washed away along with the bridge," Deputy Commissioner B S Thakur said.
There are no reports of any loss of life so far.
The SDM, R K Thakur reached the spot at night to take stock of the situation. Local executive engineers and other officials have also reached the affected village to assess the loss and start restoration works, Thakur said.
The village had suffered similar loss due to a cloudburst 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway