Robbers decamp with CCTV footage after failed bank robbery bid
Shimla: Unidentified robbers barged into a bank here in the wee hours on Sunday with the intention to loot it but when they failed in their attempt they decamped with the close circuit television camera carrying the footage of their failed bid.
The robbers broke into the Sanjauli branch of Punjab National Bank in the small hours on Sunday and took away the CCTV camera after all attempts made by them to loot the cash and other valuables failed, Investigating Officer Madan Lal said.
"The thieves appeared to be smart and managed to run away with hidden recording device and compact disc on which CCTV footage is stored," he said. The incident was reported to police by Bank manager Shyam Lal after the local residents found the lock of the main gate of the bank broken and raised an alarm.
The police have launched a massive manhunt and rounded up about 60 unregistered Nepali labourers and questioned them in connection with the incident, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event