Robbers decamp with CCTV footage after failed bank robbery bid
Shimla: Unidentified robbers barged into a bank here in the wee hours on Sunday with the intention to loot it but when they failed in their attempt they decamped with the close circuit television camera carrying the footage of their failed bid.
The robbers broke into the Sanjauli branch of Punjab National Bank in the small hours on Sunday and took away the CCTV camera after all attempts made by them to loot the cash and other valuables failed, Investigating Officer Madan Lal said.
"The thieves appeared to be smart and managed to run away with hidden recording device and compact disc on which CCTV footage is stored," he said. The incident was reported to police by Bank manager Shyam Lal after the local residents found the lock of the main gate of the bank broken and raised an alarm.
The police have launched a massive manhunt and rounded up about 60 unregistered Nepali labourers and questioned them in connection with the incident, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note