Robbers decamp with CCTV footage after failed bank robbery bid
Shimla: Unidentified robbers barged into a bank here in the wee hours on Sunday with the intention to loot it but when they failed in their attempt they decamped with the close circuit television camera carrying the footage of their failed bid.
The robbers broke into the Sanjauli branch of Punjab National Bank in the small hours on Sunday and took away the CCTV camera after all attempts made by them to loot the cash and other valuables failed, Investigating Officer Madan Lal said.
"The thieves appeared to be smart and managed to run away with hidden recording device and compact disc on which CCTV footage is stored," he said. The incident was reported to police by Bank manager Shyam Lal after the local residents found the lock of the main gate of the bank broken and raised an alarm.
The police have launched a massive manhunt and rounded up about 60 unregistered Nepali labourers and questioned them in connection with the incident, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- This new insulin pill could end painful treatment for diabetes patients
- Lewis Hamilton may take grid demotion at Belgian GP, confirm Mercedes
- Rahul Gandhi defamation case: Congress hits back at RSS, says why didn't Sangh file defamation case against others
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he's `scared` of retirement
- BJP appoints Laxman Gilua as new Jharkhand party chief