Robbers decamp with CCTV footage after failed bank robbery bid
Shimla: Unidentified robbers barged into a bank here in the wee hours on Sunday with the intention to loot it but when they failed in their attempt they decamped with the close circuit television camera carrying the footage of their failed bid.
The robbers broke into the Sanjauli branch of Punjab National Bank in the small hours on Sunday and took away the CCTV camera after all attempts made by them to loot the cash and other valuables failed, Investigating Officer Madan Lal said.
"The thieves appeared to be smart and managed to run away with hidden recording device and compact disc on which CCTV footage is stored," he said. The incident was reported to police by Bank manager Shyam Lal after the local residents found the lock of the main gate of the bank broken and raised an alarm.
The police have launched a massive manhunt and rounded up about 60 unregistered Nepali labourers and questioned them in connection with the incident, said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months