Rohtang Pass reopens after five months
Manali: The snowbound Rohtang Pass, gateway to the adventure tourism destination of Lahaul valley in Himachal Pradesh, reopened for traffic after remaining closed for five months, an official said Saturday.
The pass, located at 3,978 metres in the Pir Panjal mountain range, was closed for traffic since November due to heavy snowfall.
"State-run buses between Manali and Keylong towns started plying from today (Saturday)," Lahaul-Spiti Deputy Commissioner BS Thakur told IANS.
The idyllic Lahaul Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog