Rohtang Pass reopens after five months
Manali: The snowbound Rohtang Pass, gateway to the adventure tourism destination of Lahaul valley in Himachal Pradesh, reopened for traffic after remaining closed for five months, an official said Saturday.
The pass, located at 3,978 metres in the Pir Panjal mountain range, was closed for traffic since November due to heavy snowfall.
"State-run buses between Manali and Keylong towns started plying from today (Saturday)," Lahaul-Spiti Deputy Commissioner BS Thakur told IANS.
The idyllic Lahaul Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery