Rohtang Pass reopens after five months
Manali: The snowbound Rohtang Pass, gateway to the adventure tourism destination of Lahaul valley in Himachal Pradesh, reopened for traffic after remaining closed for five months, an official said Saturday.
The pass, located at 3,978 metres in the Pir Panjal mountain range, was closed for traffic since November due to heavy snowfall.
"State-run buses between Manali and Keylong towns started plying from today (Saturday)," Lahaul-Spiti Deputy Commissioner BS Thakur told IANS.
The idyllic Lahaul Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended