Rohtang Pass reopens after five months
Manali: The snowbound Rohtang Pass, gateway to the adventure tourism destination of Lahaul valley in Himachal Pradesh, reopened for traffic after remaining closed for five months, an official said Saturday.
The pass, located at 3,978 metres in the Pir Panjal mountain range, was closed for traffic since November due to heavy snowfall.
"State-run buses between Manali and Keylong towns started plying from today (Saturday)," Lahaul-Spiti Deputy Commissioner BS Thakur told IANS.
The idyllic Lahaul Valley attracts a number of backpackers, especially foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi
- Jacqueline Fernandez dusts down rumours on doing 'Don 3'!
- Hurrah! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' got cleared by CBFC with NO CUTS!
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets