RTI answers better than Himachal government`s: Legislators
Shimla: Opposition legislators in Himachal Pradesh say the Right to Information (RTI) Act is a more potent tool for information on government departments than the question-answer session in the assembly.
Congress legislator GS Bali said in the Vidhan Sabha during the question-answer session that it`s easier to get detailed information through RTI rather than depend upon the government for reply to "our queries".
"In the Vidhan Sabha we are not getting such detailed information as we are getting through RTI," Bali said.
Bali was not satisfied with the written as well as verbal replies of Health Minister Rajeev Bindal on the floor of the house about the launch of a free ambulance service named after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Bali told a news agency on Friday: "The replies of the government have strengthened our belief that the question-answer session might lose its relevance for getting authentic and detailed information from the government."
He said, "The government is misleading the house and we will get detailed information through the RTI."
At least twice before such assertions have come from another legislator.
In the winter session, Congress legislator Mukesh Agnihotri said in the assembly that the "RTI gathers information more speedily than the Vidhan Sabha".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof