Ruling BJP wrests one Himachal seat, loses another
Shimla: In the Himachal Pradesh bypolls for two Assembly seats, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday won one seat that was the stronghold of the opposition Congress, while it lost its seat to the Congress in another.
State election officials told reporters here that the BJP`s Hirday Ram defeated Congress` Vinay Kumar in Renuka (reserved) constituency by over 3,500 votes.
Kumar is the son of the late Prem Singh, who won from this seat on the Congress ticket for six times.
In Nalagarh constituency of Solan district, Congress` Lakhwinder Rana won by over 1,500 votes from his close rival Gurnam Kaur of the BJP.
Kaur is the wife of the late HN Saini, who represented the seat three times.
The by-elections held on November 30 saw over 72 percent votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug