Rush in Himachal temples for Chaitra Navratras
Shimla: Tens of thousands of devotees are assembling at prominent Hindu temples in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday with the onset of the 10-day Chaitra Navratras, considered by Hindus as a holy period.
"Special arrangements have been made for the pilgrims at the Shakti peeths of Brajeshwari Devi, Jwalamukhi and Chamunda temples (in Kangra district) during the festival," Deputy Commissioner C Paulrasu said.
The police have installed closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras at the temples to manage the crowd.
Likewise, the popular shrines of Naina Devi in Bilaspur district and Chintpurni in Una district witnessed a huge rush.
During the Navratras people would be able to have live `darshan` of Brajeshwari, Jwalaji and Chamunda temples on www.divineindia.com.
Even the devotees can perform prayers and give offerings in Naina Devi shrine.
One of the busiest shrines in north India, the hilltop Naina Devi shrine sees a majority of the pilgrims mainly from Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi.
Meanwhile, as a precaution against a terrorist attack a ban on offering coconuts in these temples would continue, a police officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata