Search begins for Manali cloudburst victims
Manali: The search operation to trace five labourers who went missing after a cloudburst began Friday morning in Himachal Pradesh`s Kullu district, an official said here.
Two workers were killed and 22 others were injured after a cloudburst occurred Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here.
"This morning the current and turbidity in the Beas river came down. This would enable the rescue workers to carry on the search operation," Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur said.
Two bodies were recovered Thursday.
The labourers were involved in the construction of the Rohtang road tunnel. The accident happened just after more than 100 of them returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
The entire Kullu district is prone to cloudbursts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended