Search begins for Manali cloudburst victims
Manali: The search operation to trace five labourers who went missing after a cloudburst began Friday morning in Himachal Pradesh`s Kullu district, an official said here.
Two workers were killed and 22 others were injured after a cloudburst occurred Wednesday in upper Manali, about 18 km from here.
"This morning the current and turbidity in the Beas river came down. This would enable the rescue workers to carry on the search operation," Sub-divisional Magistrate Balbir Thakur said.
Two bodies were recovered Thursday.
The labourers were involved in the construction of the Rohtang road tunnel. The accident happened just after more than 100 of them returned from work to their base camps in Dhundi.
The entire Kullu district is prone to cloudbursts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore