Senior IAS officer dead in Shimla
Shimla: Padam Singh Chauhan, a senior IAS officer of Himachal cadre, died in a hospital in Chandigarh on Tuesday after a brief illness.
Chauhan served the state in various capacities and was Deputy Commissioner of Una and Sirmaur districts.
Prior to his demise, he was posted as Special Secretary (Administrative Reforms) to the state government.
Chauhan was due to retire on April 30 this year.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former CM Prem Kumar Dhumal expressed grief over his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16