Senior IAS officer dead in Shimla
Shimla: Padam Singh Chauhan, a senior IAS officer of Himachal cadre, died in a hospital in Chandigarh on Tuesday after a brief illness.
Chauhan served the state in various capacities and was Deputy Commissioner of Una and Sirmaur districts.
Prior to his demise, he was posted as Special Secretary (Administrative Reforms) to the state government.
Chauhan was due to retire on April 30 this year.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former CM Prem Kumar Dhumal expressed grief over his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II