Senior IAS officer dead in Shimla
Shimla: Padam Singh Chauhan, a senior IAS officer of Himachal cadre, died in a hospital in Chandigarh on Tuesday after a brief illness.
Chauhan served the state in various capacities and was Deputy Commissioner of Una and Sirmaur districts.
Prior to his demise, he was posted as Special Secretary (Administrative Reforms) to the state government.
Chauhan was due to retire on April 30 this year.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former CM Prem Kumar Dhumal expressed grief over his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing