Senior IAS officer dead in Shimla
Shimla: Padam Singh Chauhan, a senior IAS officer of Himachal cadre, died in a hospital in Chandigarh on Tuesday after a brief illness.
Chauhan served the state in various capacities and was Deputy Commissioner of Una and Sirmaur districts.
Prior to his demise, he was posted as Special Secretary (Administrative Reforms) to the state government.
Chauhan was due to retire on April 30 this year.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former CM Prem Kumar Dhumal expressed grief over his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore