Senior IAS officer dead in Shimla
Shimla: Padam Singh Chauhan, a senior IAS officer of Himachal cadre, died in a hospital in Chandigarh on Tuesday after a brief illness.
Chauhan served the state in various capacities and was Deputy Commissioner of Una and Sirmaur districts.
Prior to his demise, he was posted as Special Secretary (Administrative Reforms) to the state government.
Chauhan was due to retire on April 30 this year.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and former CM Prem Kumar Dhumal expressed grief over his death.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?