Several HP leaders deprived of casting vote for themselves
Shimla: The delimitation of assembly constituencies in Himachal Pradesh has stumped several senior state leaders as they have been deprived from casting votes in their native constituencies.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal is contesting from Hamirpur but would cast his vote in Bhoranj constituency as his native Samirpur has now become a part of Bhoranj.
Former chief minister and HPCC president Virbhadra Singh, contesting from Shimla(Rural), would cast his vote at Rampur, Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi, who is contesting from Dehra would be casting his vote in Jaisingpur segment while Food and Civil Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala, seeking re-election from Jwalamukhi would cast his vote in Dehra constituency.
Uprooted from their home turfs of Solan and Baijnath, following reservation of their constituencies for SC, former ministers, Rajeev Bindal (BJP) and Sudhir Sharma (Congress) seeking election from Nahan and Dharamsala would also be deprived of voting for themselves.
Traditional rivals, Anita Verma (Congress) and sitting BJP MLA, Urmil Thakur, who have been contesting from Hamirpur have been shifted to Sujanpur constituencies while their native places still fall in Hamirpur.
Vijay Singh Mankotia (Congress) contesting from Shahapur will cast his vote at his native place in Kangra as his home, Tiara is now part of Kangra segment.
Sitting MLA, Rakesh Verma, contesting from Theog as BJP candidate is also among the candidates not exercising the franchise in their favour as his native place of Balsan is now part of Chopal while former Minister, Kuldeep Kumar, contesting from Chintpurni has his home in Gagret after delimitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?