Several HP leaders deprived of casting vote for themselves
Shimla: The delimitation of assembly constituencies in Himachal Pradesh has stumped several senior state leaders as they have been deprived from casting votes in their native constituencies.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal is contesting from Hamirpur but would cast his vote in Bhoranj constituency as his native Samirpur has now become a part of Bhoranj.
Former chief minister and HPCC president Virbhadra Singh, contesting from Shimla(Rural), would cast his vote at Rampur, Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi, who is contesting from Dehra would be casting his vote in Jaisingpur segment while Food and Civil Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala, seeking re-election from Jwalamukhi would cast his vote in Dehra constituency.
Uprooted from their home turfs of Solan and Baijnath, following reservation of their constituencies for SC, former ministers, Rajeev Bindal (BJP) and Sudhir Sharma (Congress) seeking election from Nahan and Dharamsala would also be deprived of voting for themselves.
Traditional rivals, Anita Verma (Congress) and sitting BJP MLA, Urmil Thakur, who have been contesting from Hamirpur have been shifted to Sujanpur constituencies while their native places still fall in Hamirpur.
Vijay Singh Mankotia (Congress) contesting from Shahapur will cast his vote at his native place in Kangra as his home, Tiara is now part of Kangra segment.
Sitting MLA, Rakesh Verma, contesting from Theog as BJP candidate is also among the candidates not exercising the franchise in their favour as his native place of Balsan is now part of Chopal while former Minister, Kuldeep Kumar, contesting from Chintpurni has his home in Gagret after delimitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested