Several HP leaders deprived of casting vote for themselves
Shimla: The delimitation of assembly constituencies in Himachal Pradesh has stumped several senior state leaders as they have been deprived from casting votes in their native constituencies.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal is contesting from Hamirpur but would cast his vote in Bhoranj constituency as his native Samirpur has now become a part of Bhoranj.
Former chief minister and HPCC president Virbhadra Singh, contesting from Shimla(Rural), would cast his vote at Rampur, Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi, who is contesting from Dehra would be casting his vote in Jaisingpur segment while Food and Civil Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala, seeking re-election from Jwalamukhi would cast his vote in Dehra constituency.
Uprooted from their home turfs of Solan and Baijnath, following reservation of their constituencies for SC, former ministers, Rajeev Bindal (BJP) and Sudhir Sharma (Congress) seeking election from Nahan and Dharamsala would also be deprived of voting for themselves.
Traditional rivals, Anita Verma (Congress) and sitting BJP MLA, Urmil Thakur, who have been contesting from Hamirpur have been shifted to Sujanpur constituencies while their native places still fall in Hamirpur.
Vijay Singh Mankotia (Congress) contesting from Shahapur will cast his vote at his native place in Kangra as his home, Tiara is now part of Kangra segment.
Sitting MLA, Rakesh Verma, contesting from Theog as BJP candidate is also among the candidates not exercising the franchise in their favour as his native place of Balsan is now part of Chopal while former Minister, Kuldeep Kumar, contesting from Chintpurni has his home in Gagret after delimitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL