Several HP leaders deprived of casting vote for themselves
Shimla: The delimitation of assembly constituencies in Himachal Pradesh has stumped several senior state leaders as they have been deprived from casting votes in their native constituencies.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal is contesting from Hamirpur but would cast his vote in Bhoranj constituency as his native Samirpur has now become a part of Bhoranj.
Former chief minister and HPCC president Virbhadra Singh, contesting from Shimla(Rural), would cast his vote at Rampur, Irrigation and Public Health minister Ravinder Singh Ravi, who is contesting from Dehra would be casting his vote in Jaisingpur segment while Food and Civil Supplies minister Romesh Dhawala, seeking re-election from Jwalamukhi would cast his vote in Dehra constituency.
Uprooted from their home turfs of Solan and Baijnath, following reservation of their constituencies for SC, former ministers, Rajeev Bindal (BJP) and Sudhir Sharma (Congress) seeking election from Nahan and Dharamsala would also be deprived of voting for themselves.
Traditional rivals, Anita Verma (Congress) and sitting BJP MLA, Urmil Thakur, who have been contesting from Hamirpur have been shifted to Sujanpur constituencies while their native places still fall in Hamirpur.
Vijay Singh Mankotia (Congress) contesting from Shahapur will cast his vote at his native place in Kangra as his home, Tiara is now part of Kangra segment.
Sitting MLA, Rakesh Verma, contesting from Theog as BJP candidate is also among the candidates not exercising the franchise in their favour as his native place of Balsan is now part of Chopal while former Minister, Kuldeep Kumar, contesting from Chintpurni has his home in Gagret after delimitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!