Severe cold persists in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The intense cold wave sweeping most
parts of Himachal Pradesh continued unabated on Saturday with no
significant rise in minimum temperature.
Several areas in mid-hills continued to shiver under sub-
Solan in mid-hills was coldest in the non-tribal areas
with minimum temperature of minus 1.7 deg, while Manali,
Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a low of minus 0.5 deg C,
minus 0.4 deg C and 0.3 deg C respectively.
Shimla and Dharamsala both recorded a low of 4.2 deg C.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur
recorded minimum temperature of minus 6.1 deg C and 2.5 deg C.
Una was hottest in the state at 21.3 deg C, followed by
Sundernagar 19 deg C, Dharamshala 18.2 deg C, Nahan 16.2 deg
C, Bhuntar 12.7 deg C and Kalpa 8.1 deg C.
Foggy conditions prevailed in towns along the banks of
Ravi, Sutlej and Beas in the morning hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa