Shanta Kumar not a super leader: Virbhadra Singh
Dharamsala: Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday attacked stalwart BJP leader and Kangra candidate for Lok Sabha polls Shanta Kumar, saying he was not a "super leader" and had been defeated earlier.
"He (Shanta) is not a super leader and was defeated twice in MP elections earlier too," Singh said while talking to reporters here.
The Chief Minister said Congress` campaigning for the elections would focus on the "failures" of the previous BJP government and claimed his party would win all four Lok Sabha seats in the state.
"Congress will fight elections on the failure of previous BJP government in state and their agenda to put HP on sale," Singh said while talking to mediapersons here.
"The Congress high-command has fielded winning candidates from all the four seats in Himachal," he added.
"Though the high-command made some delay in announcement of the candidates as a proper selection procedure was followed, still Congress has enough time for campaigning," the Chief Minister said.
He said for the campaigning, the party planned to work in the field along with its current and former MPs and MLAs and youth and women leaders.
"Himachal was made a state by Congress governments. We have a long experience of working in Himachal and on this basis, this time too Congress will win here," he said.
The party has fielded sitting MP and Singh`s wife Pratibha Singh from Mandi, ex-MP and OBC leader Chander Kumar from Kangra, Rajput leader Rajinder Rana from Hamirpur and Bragta from the Shimla constituency.
Virbhadra Singh was here to review arrangements for Rahul Gandhi`s rally to be held at Police Stadium here on March 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details