Shimla lashed by thunderstorm, showers
Shimla: Shimla and its surrounding areas were lashed by a thunderstorm accompanied by sharp showers on Monday afternoon.
The storm and showers caused a sharp fall in mercury, providing relief from heat and dust. The storm lasted for half an hour.
However, lower hills of Himachal Pradesh had no respite from scorching heat even as the mercury dropped by one to two degrees and Una in Shivalik hills remained the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 42.4 degree, four degree above normal.
The maximum temperature stayed at 29 degree in Shimla.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded minimum temperatures at 8.6 and 8.3 degree while Manali was pleasant with a low of 10.6 degree Celsius.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thunderstorm at isolated places in mid and higher hills during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest