Shimla lashed by thunderstorm, showers
Shimla: Shimla and its surrounding areas were lashed by a thunderstorm accompanied by sharp showers on Monday afternoon.
The storm and showers caused a sharp fall in mercury, providing relief from heat and dust. The storm lasted for half an hour.
However, lower hills of Himachal Pradesh had no respite from scorching heat even as the mercury dropped by one to two degrees and Una in Shivalik hills remained the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 42.4 degree, four degree above normal.
The maximum temperature stayed at 29 degree in Shimla.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded minimum temperatures at 8.6 and 8.3 degree while Manali was pleasant with a low of 10.6 degree Celsius.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thunderstorm at isolated places in mid and higher hills during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17