Shimla lashed by thunderstorm, showers
Shimla: Shimla and its surrounding areas were lashed by a thunderstorm accompanied by sharp showers on Monday afternoon.
The storm and showers caused a sharp fall in mercury, providing relief from heat and dust. The storm lasted for half an hour.
However, lower hills of Himachal Pradesh had no respite from scorching heat even as the mercury dropped by one to two degrees and Una in Shivalik hills remained the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 42.4 degree, four degree above normal.
The maximum temperature stayed at 29 degree in Shimla.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded minimum temperatures at 8.6 and 8.3 degree while Manali was pleasant with a low of 10.6 degree Celsius.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thunderstorm at isolated places in mid and higher hills during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed