Shimla lashed by thunderstorm, showers
Shimla: Shimla and its surrounding areas were lashed by a thunderstorm accompanied by sharp showers on Monday afternoon.
The storm and showers caused a sharp fall in mercury, providing relief from heat and dust. The storm lasted for half an hour.
However, lower hills of Himachal Pradesh had no respite from scorching heat even as the mercury dropped by one to two degrees and Una in Shivalik hills remained the hottest in the region with maximum temperature at 42.4 degree, four degree above normal.
The maximum temperature stayed at 29 degree in Shimla.
Kalpa and Keylong in tribal Kinnaur and Lahaul and Spiti districts recorded minimum temperatures at 8.6 and 8.3 degree while Manali was pleasant with a low of 10.6 degree Celsius.
The local MeT office has predicted rains and thunderstorm at isolated places in mid and higher hills during the next 24 hours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory