Shimla, Manali get more snow
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh`s tourist resorts Shimla and Manali were wrapped up in a white sheet of snow Saturday, giving them a picturesque look.
The residents of this town shivered as icy winds brought down the minimum temperature to 1 degree Celsius.
According to the Met Office here, Shimla recorded 4 cm snow and 21.8 mm rain.
Manali in Kullu district has been experiencing snow since early Saturday.
"High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur, Sirmaur and Shimla districts have been experiencing moderate snow for the past two days," a Met official said.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which saw 3 cm snow, recorded a low of minus 3.6 degrees Celsius while the temperature was 0.0 degree in Manali.
Mashobra, located on the outskirts of Shimla, experienced 7 cm snow, while Dharamsala, which registered 6.6 degrees, saw 3.4 mm rain.
Bharmour in Chamba district was the coldest in the state at 9.1 degrees below the freezing point.
The traffic movement beyond Dhalli, 10 km from here, was hampered since a large stretch of the National Highway-22 was under a thick blanket of snow.
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace
- 'Impose stock limit on importers to curb pulses prices'
- India, China armies vow to enhance cordial relations, maintain peace along LAC at border meet
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance
- Russia, US in bids to halt fighting in Syria's Aleppo