Shimla: Seven dead, fifty injured in bus accident
Shimla: At least seven persons died on the
spot while 50 injured, 20 of them seriously, when a bus fell
several feet down near Kupvi in Chopal area of Shimla
district, about 110km from here, this evening.
The bus was on its way from Chopal to Dhar-Chanana in the
interior area when the accident occurred at around 6.00 PM.
The bus was overloaded with more than 60 passengers.
Rescue teams accompanied by doctors have ben rushed to
the spot but the place was far off and driving on the
snow-covered road was hazardous, Deputy Commissioner, Shimla,
Onkar Sharma said.
The accident took place near a bridge where a utility van
had fallen three days ago, killing three persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble