Shimla: Seven dead, fifty injured in bus accident
Shimla: At least seven persons died on the
spot while 50 injured, 20 of them seriously, when a bus fell
several feet down near Kupvi in Chopal area of Shimla
district, about 110km from here, this evening.
The bus was on its way from Chopal to Dhar-Chanana in the
interior area when the accident occurred at around 6.00 PM.
The bus was overloaded with more than 60 passengers.
Rescue teams accompanied by doctors have ben rushed to
the spot but the place was far off and driving on the
snow-covered road was hazardous, Deputy Commissioner, Shimla,
Onkar Sharma said.
The accident took place near a bridge where a utility van
had fallen three days ago, killing three persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened