Shimla: Seven dead, fifty injured in bus accident
Shimla: At least seven persons died on the
spot while 50 injured, 20 of them seriously, when a bus fell
several feet down near Kupvi in Chopal area of Shimla
district, about 110km from here, this evening.
The bus was on its way from Chopal to Dhar-Chanana in the
interior area when the accident occurred at around 6.00 PM.
The bus was overloaded with more than 60 passengers.
Rescue teams accompanied by doctors have ben rushed to
the spot but the place was far off and driving on the
snow-covered road was hazardous, Deputy Commissioner, Shimla,
Onkar Sharma said.
The accident took place near a bridge where a utility van
had fallen three days ago, killing three persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police