Shimla trader fined Rs 1 lakh for storing tobacco products
Shimla: A local trader was fined Rs 1 lakh for storing banned tobacco-based products, an official said on Thursday.
Shimla Municipal Corporation health official Omesh Bharti fined the trader after five bags of gutka (tobacco-laced areca nut pieces) and 5,300 pouches of pan masala were seized from him.
He has been fined under the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006.
The government Oct 2, 2012, imposed a complete ban in the state on the sale, storage, manufacture and distribution of tobacco-based products.
Last year, three local traders were fined Rs 1 lakh each for the same offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics