Shimla trader fined Rs 1 lakh for storing tobacco products
Shimla: A local trader was fined Rs 1 lakh for storing banned tobacco-based products, an official said on Thursday.
Shimla Municipal Corporation health official Omesh Bharti fined the trader after five bags of gutka (tobacco-laced areca nut pieces) and 5,300 pouches of pan masala were seized from him.
He has been fined under the Food Safety and Standards Act of 2006.
The government Oct 2, 2012, imposed a complete ban in the state on the sale, storage, manufacture and distribution of tobacco-based products.
Last year, three local traders were fined Rs 1 lakh each for the same offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa