Shimla: Two buses roll down into gorge, 7 dead
Shimla: Two buses plunged into gorge in separate accidents in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Wednesday, killing seven passengers and injuring over 50.
All the five occupants of an HRTC bus were killed when it plunged into a 500-ft deep gorge near Tattapani, 85-km from here, SP (Mandi) Abhishaik Dullar said.
The ill-fated Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was on its way from Roddidhar to Tatapani when the accident took place.
The dead included the driver and the conductor of the bus, the SP said.
Most of the passengers had disembarked from the bus a kilometre ahead of the accident site.
Two persons were killed and over 50 injured, six of them seriously, when a packed private bus rolled down into a ravine at Kuchali Nalah this morning.
Some passengers were sitting on the roof of the bus when the accident took place, eye-witnesses said.
The private bus was on its way from Mandi to Kulthani.
The seriously injured were admitted to hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18
- UK Labour leader defies revolt over Brexit strategy