Shimla: Two buses roll down into gorge, 7 dead
Shimla: Two buses plunged into gorge in separate accidents in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Wednesday, killing seven passengers and injuring over 50.
All the five occupants of an HRTC bus were killed when it plunged into a 500-ft deep gorge near Tattapani, 85-km from here, SP (Mandi) Abhishaik Dullar said.
The ill-fated Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was on its way from Roddidhar to Tatapani when the accident took place.
The dead included the driver and the conductor of the bus, the SP said.
Most of the passengers had disembarked from the bus a kilometre ahead of the accident site.
Two persons were killed and over 50 injured, six of them seriously, when a packed private bus rolled down into a ravine at Kuchali Nalah this morning.
Some passengers were sitting on the roof of the bus when the accident took place, eye-witnesses said.
The private bus was on its way from Mandi to Kulthani.
The seriously injured were admitted to hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA