Shimla: Two buses roll down into gorge, 7 dead
Shimla: Two buses plunged into gorge in separate accidents in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Wednesday, killing seven passengers and injuring over 50.
All the five occupants of an HRTC bus were killed when it plunged into a 500-ft deep gorge near Tattapani, 85-km from here, SP (Mandi) Abhishaik Dullar said.
The ill-fated Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was on its way from Roddidhar to Tatapani when the accident took place.
The dead included the driver and the conductor of the bus, the SP said.
Most of the passengers had disembarked from the bus a kilometre ahead of the accident site.
Two persons were killed and over 50 injured, six of them seriously, when a packed private bus rolled down into a ravine at Kuchali Nalah this morning.
Some passengers were sitting on the roof of the bus when the accident took place, eye-witnesses said.
The private bus was on its way from Mandi to Kulthani.
The seriously injured were admitted to hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY