Six-day winter session of Himachal Assembly to begin on Dec 16
Dharamsala: To cover the minimum sittings of 35 days in a year, the winter session of the Himachal Pradesh Assembly, scheduled to commence on December 16, has been extended by a day to December 21.
"To cover the mandatory 35 sittings, the session has been extended to Saturday, which is otherwise treated as a day off," Speaker BBL Butail said.
A total of 355 questions will be tabled in the six-day winter session to be held in Dharamsala, he said.
"December 19 shall be treated as the private day, for which nine resolutions have been received and four shall be taken up," he said.
The speaker has also requested all members to work as per the schedule.
A total of 680 police personnel, including commandos and bomb-defusing squad, have been deployed for smooth conduct of the session, said the SSP of Kangra.
This will be the third session of the 12th assembly in Dharamsala, which has been hosting the winter sessions of the assembly every year since 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley