Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track
Shimla: To cater to the tourist rush to this Himachal Pradesh town, Northern Railway has decided to run another toy train on the Kalka-Shimla track, making it the sixth one on the route, an official said Monday.
"From April 30, a special train named duplicate toy train would ply to-and-fro between Kalka in Haryana and Shimla daily. The one-way ticket is Rs.280," a railway official said.
Normally, five toy trains run daily on the Kalka-Shimla track. "This would be the sixth one and would be operational till there is a tourist rush," the official added.
The Kalka-Shimla rail track was built by the British in 1903 to ferry Europeans to-and-fro this hill town.
The ascent begins 640 metres (2,100 ft) above sea level at Kalka and crosses Himachal`s Dharampur, Barog, Solan and Kandaghat before it reaches Shimla at 7,000 ft. It passes through 102 tunnels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth