Snow and rains give no respite: HP
Shimla: A fresh spell of snow and rains,
accompanied by a strong velocity icy wind, on Tuesday brought no
respite from the piercing cold wave sweeping Himachal Pradesh
whose high altitude areas Lahaul and Pangi faced the threat of
The slippery road conditions caused an accident in
tribal Kinnaur district, causing the death of 10 Border Roads
Organisation (BRO) labourers.
Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude tribal
areas of Lahaul and Pangi and people have been advised not to
venture out till the weather cleared.
The tourist resort of manali, which had received more
than 300cm of snow this winter, experienced fresh snowfall
on Tuesday and 25cm of snow was recorded till this morning.
While the Rohtang Pass and high altitude tribal areas in
Lahaul and Pangi received 40cm to 60cm of fresh snow, Keylong
and Kalpa recorded 10cm of snow.
The state capital Shimla received 2.5cm of snow while
Udaipur recorded 5.0 cm of fresh snow till this morning.
Dharamsala and Palampur in Kangra district received 10.
8mm and 19mm of rains while the Dhauladhar Hills had 50cm of
The local MeT office has predicted more rains, snow and
thundershowers at isolated places in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi