Snow and rains give no respite: HP
Shimla: A fresh spell of snow and rains,
accompanied by a strong velocity icy wind, on Tuesday brought no
respite from the piercing cold wave sweeping Himachal Pradesh
whose high altitude areas Lahaul and Pangi faced the threat of
The slippery road conditions caused an accident in
tribal Kinnaur district, causing the death of 10 Border Roads
Organisation (BRO) labourers.
Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude tribal
areas of Lahaul and Pangi and people have been advised not to
venture out till the weather cleared.
The tourist resort of manali, which had received more
than 300cm of snow this winter, experienced fresh snowfall
on Tuesday and 25cm of snow was recorded till this morning.
While the Rohtang Pass and high altitude tribal areas in
Lahaul and Pangi received 40cm to 60cm of fresh snow, Keylong
and Kalpa recorded 10cm of snow.
The state capital Shimla received 2.5cm of snow while
Udaipur recorded 5.0 cm of fresh snow till this morning.
Dharamsala and Palampur in Kangra district received 10.
8mm and 19mm of rains while the Dhauladhar Hills had 50cm of
The local MeT office has predicted more rains, snow and
thundershowers at isolated places in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics