Snow in higher reaches, cold wave grips HP
Shimla: High altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh experienced snowfall as intense cold wave conditions prevailed parts of the state on Wednesday.
Several areas in mid and higher hills were lashed by high velocity icy winds followed by intermittent showers.
The Rohtang, Kunzam, Saach and Chansel passes, high altitude tribal areas of Lahaul and Spiti and Pangi and mountain peaks in Kullu, Mandi and Shimla districts experienced mild snowfall.
Keylong recorded 2cm of snow while Rohtang and Kunzam passes had 10cm of snow.
Shimla was lashed by high velocity icy wind followed by intermittent showers, causing a sharp fall in temperature which dipped to 6.5 degree Celsius while Keylong and Kalpa in tribal Lahual and Spiti and Kinnaur reeled under intense cold wave conditions with mercury dropping to minus 0.5 degree and 1.0 degree Celsius respectively.
The lower areas of Kangra and Mandi district received moderate rains.
Manali recorded minimum temperature at 5.0 degree while Sundernagar and Bhuntar recorded a low of 10.1 degree, followed by Nahan 11.7 degree, five degrees below normal.
The sky remained cloudy and a strong wind swept the region, forcing people to stay indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day